Promoting British Values
We aim to ensure that all of our children develop into Safe, Kind and Responsible members of our School family. So that they can grow into caring, democratic, responsible and tolerant adults who make a positive contribution to British Society and to the World.
Embedding our Christian Values
Malborough with South Huish Church of England Primary promotes a Christian ethos, and, by example and direct teaching, follows and promotes the teachings of Jesus, whilst recognising that not all of its members will be practising Christians.
We recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides pupils with opportunities to explore and develop their own values and beliefs, spiritual awareness, high standards of personal behaviour, a positive caring attitude towards other people, an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures.
We are part of a British society, and it is important to us that children learn the universal principles of:
- Social responsibility
- Caring for others
Broad and Balanced Curriculum
Our broad and balanced Curriculum will promote these values by providing opportunities:
- To learn about our nation and its heritage, for example Remembrance Service.
- To use our local area.
- To encourage a sense of community responsibility; police, fire service, coast guards.
- To celebrate diversity, different festivals and key celebrations in the year.
- To learn about cultures and faiths; how we are different from one another, and how we are the same.
- To understand Malborough as part of a global community; learning about and communicating with children from across the world.
Staff and Pupils
We will achieve these values, for all staff and pupils by:
- Creating an open, inclusive ethos where children and adults can be themselves, develop courtesy, respect and tolerance for others.
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing through our curriculum as well as using in house and external agency support.
- Promoting equality of opportunity outlined in our policies.
- Having a clear code of conduct, where children are encouraged to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Encouraging collaboration.
- Supporting and promoting leadership skills and responsibilities within the school
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education (SMSC)
Through the provision of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education (SMSC) at Malborough with South Huish Primary School will:
- Enable our children to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Enable our children to distinguish right from wrong.
- Encourage our children to accept responsibility for their actions and behaviour, show initiative and to understand how they can contribute positively to the local and wider community.
- Enable our children to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures.
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
- Encourage respect for other people.